Monday, November 28, 2011

The Whole Shebang..

So the last time I wrote you guys, I was waiting to hear back from the manager at Bath & Body Works, to see if I got the job I interviewed for that Friday morning. Well I have so much good news, it almost scares me to let you all know that I got the job! I was called Saturday, and asked to start Tuesday. So that's what happened. I have been working everyday but Wednesday of this week! I'm so tired! Its so much different than cleaning house all day, and the house being your only job.

Now I have 2 jobs, being a sales associate, and a wife. Not to mention being a student! My goodness, I'm just wondering what is next! My husband is still trying to get in the military full time, again. We didn't know that taking a vacation to see our family every few months would hurt us financially, which is crazy that it did! We were so blown away by the toll it has taken. Which is also why I am so blessed to have this job. That makes it a little better to handle. God always helps us out of our hard times, and we just keep our heads up and remember that God never gives you anything that you cant handle! :)

On another note, Christmas is right around the corner! I know most of us are super excited! Others, like my husband, not so much! LOL. Although I can say that his lack of Christmas spirit hasn't affected his ability to give a good gift! In my case, a dreamy gift! I used to tell him my dreams as a young girl, and believe it or not, before I got married, I was just a small town girl who wanted to do so many things with her life, but just never knew how! Well, now it isn't the case obviously. But, anyways. The great gift my husband got me, the car of my dreams. He seriously surprised the heck out of me. I have wanted a mustang for years, and boy do I mean years. Since wayyyyy before Scott and I got married. I used to look at them and be like, yep. I will definitely have me one of them things, hopefully before the good Lord takes me! Well, sure enough. Over the weekend, my husband surprised me with a 2010 Silver Mustang, Convertible. Yep.
I have no words to describe how I felt when I got to drive it for the first time. The roar of the engine when you first turn the key, I call it love. I'm a serious car gal, thanks to my daddy. I fall in love with classic muscle cars, and trucks. I have a soft spot in my heart for them! They have so much of a story, and when they are redone, it looks as if they are alive again. So right now, even though it isn't a classic muscle car, it is my baby. I don't know the name of it yet, but once I get a name, I will NEVER give it up, if I can help it, that is.  As for Christmas, I have always loved Christmas. The lights, the decor, the music, the story of what Christmas is really about. The birth of our Lord and savior for those that don't know. What my husband did this Christmas seriously makes up for all of the things that haven't gone right for about 4 years now!

Like I have mentioned before, my husband is a wonderful man. Not just because he gives me almost anything my heart desires, it's because he cares. He shows me that he cares enough about my wants and needs, that he is willing to sacrifice his wants. We aren't by any means ready to buy a home yet though, it was in the cards within the next year, now not so much. Not because of the Mustang, but because of the Military thing, and because we aren't ready. A home is a BIG deal. We just aren't sure if we want that kind of commitment. Our rent is super expensive, but if everything works out the way we are hoping, we will have no problems with waiting for a home of our own. Never know, we may settle down in north Texas. Just never know. Only God does.



Well friends, today is the only day I am off all week, so I have bunches of business to take care of. I will return in a week or so, if possible. I hope you all have a blessed day, and treat others the way you wish to be treated because EVERYONE is going through some kind of battle. God bless you all and Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment