Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Taking a trip

Wow, how good if feels to be back home here in Colorado!! My husband and I went on a little trip to Texas for a few days. We drove more days than we visited!! That was the only bad part! But all in all, it was a wonderful visit!

Let me tell you about our visit! On the trip down it was pretty usual driving, LOL. Nothing new there. It was soooo long it felt like! I was like "Baby are we there yet? Can we please stop at a hotel, PLEASE!?
His answer was no, as I thought it would be! Haha. Well at about I would say 12AM on Friday morning, my husband finally told me we could stop and get some food, and settle in for the night at some hotel close by in Amarillo. Well let me tell you, boy what a mistake that was!! The Taco Bell we stopped at was raving on and on about how sanitary they are with there food and restaurant, and how the really good hotels were down the way some. We drove and drove, and was like "FINE! There is nothing down here so lets just stop here!" Hmmmm, I was kicking myself in the rear here! The MOTEL we stopped at was so disgusting! We felt so dirty when we got in our room. Little did we know it would cost us around $85 for a crappy room, that stunk and was smaller than a room in our house!! Now I'm not trying to say I am too good for a motel, but when you are paying that much money to stay in a Howard Johnson, you are expecting it to be nice. Nuh uh. This was seriously the worst night my husband and I had in a long time! To top it all off, the Taco Bell we ate at, let's just say we dont know which part they were sanitary about because the only thing my husband and I could do was hang out by the toilet till we eventually passed out for being so darn tired! Enough about this night, moving on!

So the next morning leaving the nasty, horrific motel, I go to turn in our keys. I didnt have to use the restroom when I was packing our things, but I somehow got a full bladder by the time we reached the front desk, well in motels they lock the front door and have a little window for you to drop your crap off in. The night auditor was sitting there at the computer, and I begged her to let me in to use the restroom, you shouldve seen the way this lady looked at me after she tried to give me back my keys to use the bathroom in my old motel room!! I was like "ma'am its just for a min, I dont want to have to go all the way back to my room and we have to get on the road..my husband is already upset at me, PLEASE let me use the restroom!"...She was like "I'm sorry the office dosent open up for another 15 minutes.." Ok...I know it may be a bad neighborhood and all, but I seriously had to go!!!! The lady thought I was going to rob her!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not over exaggerating!! The look she gave me said it all!! When she just kept looking at me, I was like "fine, fine..I understand..Have a great day!"...Gosh I was soooo ticked off beyond words! LOL. I mean I know why she would, but I mean come on..I didnt have a purse on me, it was in the truck..All I had were the keys to the room and I gave them to her..she couldve just taken a look at me and let me in!! BUUUUT she didnt. So moving on shall we!

We finally got to Texas, like 10 hours later. Wow, was it a long drive. As soon as we got there we got to go to our old house and clean it up, didn't really do much tho. We got to actually visit with my mom and my husbands grandparents and mother for a while! That was super nice! Later that night, we got some margaritas and mexican food with a good gal pal!! It was so much fun! We went home after the margaritas and just crashed!! Gosh it felt so good to be in bed!

Saturday we got up and went to my moms house for her little Thanksgiving dinner she was throwing for my husband and I since we wouldn't be there for the actual day. OMGsh!! We had sooooo much fun!! I got to play with my nephews and my niece. 

Everyone that I wanted to show up, came. Except for my brother, but I understand that he made plans before we knew we were getting to come down. Maybe we will see him next time. I am still in shock by how much fun we had that day. I never ever thought it would go so great! Then that night we went to see the same gal pal and my husbands friend that lives with her! That was also fun until he got called into work, so we just hung out and drank a couple drinks, then went home to grannys.

Sunday was mainly a blur. No lie. Hate to say it like that, but it was. At least for me. My husband and I got to cleaning early that morning on our old house, that sucked so bad!! Our allergies were going crazy! So we didn't stay long to say the least. We got to go back to Granny's house and eat some AWESOME southern food that I dont really fix anymore because of my hubby and I wanting to slim down some. After we ate, my husband and I were just so exhausted!! Gosh we were doing nothing but going and going and going and going like the Energizer bunny!! We felt so horrible for taking a nap while everyone was still visiting. We didnt wake up until 4 hours later and went to visit his mom since we didnt visit with her much. We still feel horrible for not really spending much time down there.

Monday morning we left to come back to our wonderful, cold state of Colorado. We were so excited since the entire time we were down there we did nothing but mostly eat and stay busy! Mostly eat tho, which showed this morning when at the HOTEL (hahhahahaha), my jeans didn't even fit hardly!! I was like "OMGSH!! HONEY!!! We have a major problem!! My jeans don't fit me!!"..He just simply asked the same question men usually do when you have a problem on your mind, "what do you want me to do about it?"  Well for starters you can stop being so hateful and bring me my yoga pants for crying out loud!!!!!! Lol. So depressing. Any-who, to make the rest of the trip short, my husband actually likes my girly mystery novels by Elaine Viets. So I read to him almost the entire way home. It actually made the trip go by so much sooner!

Needless to say, we arrived safely to our destination, and boy were we happy to see that sign! Lol. We were sad to leave our family but happy to be coming back to the wonderful thin air of Colorado. Our dream location. And boy is it! We come back to a wonderful 32 degree fall day. All we can say is Thank you Lord for getting us home safely! I hope you enjoyed this blog, even tho it doesn't really say anything too interesting. Just a piece of my ordinary but extraordinary life! Have a great night all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment